On This Day~ January 28 1927

Friday, January 28, 2011


 On this day in Toronto Canada Melville Daniel Smith was born. The first child of five born to my maternal grandparents Alice Margaret Cocklin and Melville Morrison Smith. Sadly I didn't know my Uncle very well even though for the first 34 years of my life we lived in the same town or just a few towns away from each other.

My Uncle came to United States sometime in the 1950's.  In 1961 he became a US citizen, something I did not know until I found his naturalization record on Ancestry.com.

 
U.S. Naturalization Record

 He was married to my Aunt Marge for over 50 years and together they raised 3 children,Barbara, Jack and Jimmy. He passed away on the 31st of January 2007 at the age of 80.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © ~Spirits Of The Old~ 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.