Fearless Females ~ Favorite Female Ancestor

Tuesday, March 01, 2011



March 1 — Do you have a favorite female ancestor? One you are drawn to or want to learn more about? Write down some key facts you have already learned or what you would like to learn and outline your goals and potential sources you plan to check~

 
One of the goals I had set for myself this year was to fill in the missing blanks for my Great Grandmother, Alice Mary Allen.  As you can see I have no photo of her to post, I don't know what color her hair or eyes were if she was tall or short or even when she was born, other than ABT. 1885 in England. I do know when and how she died as I  have a copy of her death certificate dated the 23rd of December 1928 as well as her marriage license.  

 
I 'm sending for what I hope is her record of birth (Alice Mary Allen seems to be a popular name for that time) and trying to locate family who may have photos and stories to share with me. I hope by the end of 2011 I not only have a photo to share of my great Grandmother but a story of who she was to go with it.


Lisa Alzo,  has brought back a 31-day series of blogging themes called Fearless Females, in honor of celebrating March as Women's History Month. To read more about this series visit Lisa's blog the Accidental Genealogist

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © ~Spirits Of The Old~ 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.