Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sepia Saturday~ Stromberg - Carlson



 In the 1940's mom worked at the Stromberg~ Carlson Factory in Toronto Canada. She worked in the telephone department along with her best Friend Shirley Coulter and it was their job to put the dials on the phone.

Shirley Coulter,2 unknown Co Workers and my mom outside the Stromberg Carlson factory. I noticed  my mom's Candy Cane dress but there is no snow on the ground not a jacket in sight so I don't think the pictures were taken in December, knowing my mother and how much she loved the Christmas Season she probably wore her festive dress regardless of the month.



 To view more Sepia Saturday, or to join in visit Sepia Saturday

8 comments:

  1. Your mom was beautiful! I love the hairstyles and make-up from that time period. And I grew up with a phone very similar to the one at the bottom of your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pics, wish I could close up on them to see more detail of the clothing, hair and makeup! What a beautiful woman and group of ladies. These are some fabulous photos thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the candy cane dress. I'm trying to think whether candy canes are limited to Christmas, but I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely ladies, and so obviously happy. The dresses are very pretty and they look as if they are dressed up to go out somewhere special. Now, if you still had the dresses..................

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like they were on a lunch break and had done a little shopping. Very lovely and happy group of ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love old photos and these are dandies! You can almost hear their giggles and chatter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures show the fashions of the time so very well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pictures all ladies are enjoying. thanks for sharing these pictures with us.

    ReplyDelete