The name Hunter is an occupational surname relating to an early ancestor who hunted. In Scotland the name has its origins in those who were appointed as officers of the royal hunt.
5th Great Grandfather
- May 21, 1752
- Methlick, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
- William Hunter in Meikle Methlick had a son baptized named Sebastian before these witnesses, Sebastian Davidson in Meikle Methlick and John Hunter in Tarves Parish
- to Jean Beaton August 29 1782 (age 30 )
- Methlick Aberdeenshire Scotland
- Sebastian Hunter and Jean Beaton both of this parish signified their purpose of marriage & C and were Married August 29.
- June 26 1825 Age: 73
- Methlick, Aberdeenshire :
- Methlick Kirkyard Stone # 59
- To the memory of Sebastian Hunter late fewar ( sic) in New Deer d. 26 Jun 1825 aged 73. His daughter Barbara d. 10 Oct 1815 in 28th year. This humble tribute of respect is erected by his widow Jane Beaton d. 26 Nov 1843 aged 86.