Sepia Saturday~ Pine Falls Manitoba

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pine Falls Railroad ~October 1926
A couple of years ago I started wondering what the little town of Pine Falls, Manitoba was like when my dad was born, so I sent an email to the Town Council explaining I was working on my Dad's family history and looking for photos of the town around the time my dad was born and lived there, Within a couple of days I received 27 photos of Pine Falls dating from 1926 to 1944. I have posted a few of my favorites that go along with this weeks Sepia Saturday theme~

Mercantile delivery wagon
Manitoba Paper Co. Mercantile Store 

Manitoba Paper Co. Delivery

 
Pine Falls Hotel

 

10 comments:

Colleen G. Brown Pasquale said...

You are fortunate to have those wonderful photographs! The wagons are wonderful, such huge wheels! I enjoyed your photos.

barbara and nancy said...

How nice of them to send all those wonderful photos. Looks like the mercantile did quite a business. The hotel is so quaint - it would be called a b&b nowadays.
Nancy

Ruth Zaryski Jackson said...

These photos are so evocative of the era. Thanks for posting.

Sharon said...

I love these old photos. My favourite is the top one with the bullocks pulling the cart and all the mud. Even the handwritten town sign shows a different way of life.

Little Nell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Little Nell said...

How exciting to receive all those photos and what a wonderful response to your request. They are brilliantly clear and must really help to give you a picture of life there in your father's day.

BTW You may not be aware that you still have word verification switched on. Most of us have removed it with no ill effects.

Brett Payne said...

Very nice of them to send you all those photos. I particularly like those first three of the wagons - thanks for sharing them.

Bob Scotney said...

That first picture of the wagon pulled by cattle caught my eye immediately.Great photos one and all.

Mike Brubaker said...

Very impressive mud. No doubt between the snow and the muck, travel in Pine Falls was a challenge. I like the hotels too, I've never seen foundations so high.

Postcardy said...

It was great that they sent you all those nice photos. Although it isn't the best composed photo, I like the snowy one with the car and store best.

Post a Comment

Blog contents © ~Spirits Of The Old~ 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.