* Dear genealogists everywhere, it's *Saturday Night!* Time for some *Genealogy FUN.* Your mission this week, should you decide to accept it, is to:
1) List your matrilineal line - your mother, her mother, etc. back to the first identifiable mother. Note: this line is how your mitochondrial DNA was passed to you!
1). Tracie Sivinski-Hirst (Me) Ontario Canada
Doreen Mary Smith: b. Aug 29, 1929 Toronto Canada ~d. Mar 16 1967 Los Angeles
Alice Margaret Cocklin: b. Nov 29, 1907 Mile End England~d.Sep 29, 1997 Clear Lake
Alice Mary Allen: b. Apr 20,1885 Bromley By Bow England~d. Dec 23,1928 Ontario
Mary Ann Christain: b. Dec 20, 1857 Tower Hamlets, England~d. abt 1890 Bromley
Sarah Fish: b. Nov 11, 1826 Deptford England~d. Unknown England
Mary Ann Hall: b. Abt. 1794 England~d. Feb 24, 1837 Deptford England
2) Tell us if you have had your mitochondrial DNA tested, and if so, which Haplogroup you are in.
Not yet, hopefully soon.
3) Post your responses on your own blog post, in Comments to this blog post, or in a Status line on Facebook or in your Stream at Google Plus.
4) If you have done this before, please do your father's matrilineal line, or your grandfather's matrilineal line, or your spouse's matrilineal line.
Will do another time
5) Does this list spur you to find distant cousins that might share one of your matrilineal lines?
I have found many distant cousins and some not so distant in the last couple of years, and I'm always hoping to find more.