Monday, February 18, 2013

Mystery Monday~

 
This is another picture from Great Grandma Watson's photo album. While many of the photos had a name on the back, this one did not. The collar on her dress looks like it could be a hood, which makes me think it is a Jacket she is wearing over her dress, perhaps she was getting ready to travel? I'm not sure of the year, if I had to venture a guess I would say 1885. I would love to hear from anyone that can help shed some light on the year and if it is a dress or Jacket she is wearing. 
 

4 comments:

  1. I really don't know what she is wearing, but it does look like a jacket. Maybe someone with some expertise in dating fashion will have some info. Now I am curious to know more about it too.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Betty, I'm hoping someone with the expertise will reply and help me narrow done the year the picture may be from as well as if she is wearing traveling attire... this just might be a photo of my Great Uncles Wife and taken when they left Scotland for America *fingers Crossed*

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm of no help, but I vote "coat" because it looks heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm no fashionista, but I'm thinking it was just part of her dress and I'm thinking around the 1870s, because her bodice is pretty plain. You might check out this link, it could help narrow it down or they could help to identify it! http://vintagefashionguild.org/fashion-timeline/

    ReplyDelete