~It's My 3rd Blogiversary!~

Sunday, June 30, 2013



It's hard to believe it's been 3 years since I started Spirits of The Old, harder yet to believe that I have kept at it! This last year I have slowed down a bit in my posting for a number of reasons, the loss of my dad, a new job, and of course the brick walls, But I have also been busy trying to organize all my paper work ( mountains, drawers, piles eeek) following "The Organized Genealogist" on Facebook is giving me wonderful motivation to get this done!

Three years ago when I started my blog I had a photo of my maternal grandparents, some of my parents and could tell you the names of my Maternal Great grandparents, and sadly nothing about my Paternal Grandparents not even their names!

Today I have photos of my 3rd Great Grandparents ( Maternal) photos of Great Great Uncles and Aunts, cousins and distant relatives. Names~ oh I have so many names and I discovered the names of my dad's birth parents!!  ( I actually have family now)  there are now copies of Wills and documents, newspaper articles the list is long of the discoveries I have made. I have been blessed with so many family members who I never knew existed finding my blog and contacting me, they have been wonderful to share their information, documentation  and photos, Thank you Cousins!!! I love you all.

 I'm looking forward to many more years of blogging ~ discovering ~and watching my family tree grow.

12 comments:

Wendy said...

Happy Blogiversary! I'm going to have to check the Organized Genealogist - let's see if miracles happen!

Tray said...

Thanks Wendy! Do check it out...miracles do happen :)

Celia Lewis said...

Happy Blogiversary! I'm only one year old and trying to be a more regular poster for this year. Cheers!

D.E.B. said...

Congratulations on your 3 year Blogiversary! Love your blog.

Tray said...

Thank you Celia, grats on making it to the one year mark... keep it up. I too shall try posting more this year!

Tray said...

Thank you Deb!

Bill West said...

Happy Blogiversary!!

Tray said...

Thank you Bill! :)

Jodi said...

Happy Blogiversary! :)

Tray said...

Thank you Jodi! :)

Grant Davis said...

Happy Blogiversary!1

Regards, Grant

http://thestephensherwoodletters.blogspot.com

Tray said...

Thank you Grant! :)

Post a Comment

Blog contents © ~Spirits Of The Old~ 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.